Monday, 26 November 2007

Excel-to-Access Compatibility Issue confirmed

My first deduction was right. The excel worksheet cannot be implementated into Access software properly. The Macro buttons do not show up, neither do any of the autoshapes I assigned them to. The only thing that appears is the writing that I put inside the worksheet without a shape. I cannot implement my system into Access because I would lose many features, Macros and the User-Friendly image I outlined it would have.
This presents a huge problem with the query making and report creation of the system which I outlined in the Specification. Unless I can get the system to work properly in Access (which is highly unlikely) or I can find a way to create queries using the Excel software, the system will not do 15% of what I said it would.
I guess this sacrifice is neccessary. I only lose a small proportion compared to if I just implement it into Access.

No comments: