Saturday, 24 November 2007

Macro Development

So for our IT project, we're on the stage of Implementation. We have to create this system for a business to use and cause I said it has to be user friendly, I was trying to make it that.
Today I started with the Main Menu in Excel 2007. It's a little hard to get to grips with the whole Macro function but now it's pretty easy. I was thinking of a way to get buttons on the excel worksheet (which I named Main Menu) and get them to link to each sheet. I found out (using a little research on google) it could be done using the Record Macro and then Assigning the designed macro to a shape (such as a autoshape rectangle). Although setting up and naming the macro was very daunting at first, it became more easier and now works perfectely.. The only problem is having to save the workbook as a Macro-enabled workbook. Having to use a whole new extension for it to continue working -.-
I now have to create and figure out how to make a Save & Exit Button. Also, I need to find a Office 2007 CD . Can't keep doing all the work at college.

No comments: