Saturday, 24 November 2007

Possible Programming Clashes

I'm starting to think the Implementation of the Excel Workbook to the Access Workbook is going to be impossible.
See, I'm in two problems. One is that I have discovered that Excel 2007 has the tools for data encryption. Seeing as I thought Access was the only program which could do this, I documented that I would use access for the task. If I were to encrypt the database in excel then emulate it into Access, I can only imagine that many errors would start occuring making it unusable. This is only Theory and yet to be tested.
Another problem is the problem of the Macros. I think switching programs will mess up the coding and screw around with the macros, Layout and perhaps the Condtional Formating (if I end up using it). If it does end up messing around with the macros, I will be in serious problems and might have to do a complete system overhaul to make it compatible.
I will have to test this at the later stages of the Database creation.

No comments: