Seems as if you can't create graphs in excel using data from drop down lists. Even better, I can't edit Graph data from Date of Birth so it only shows people born on like a specific year instead of the
day/month/year format making it messyGreat.
CLEANUP - EDIT: I managed to fix 1 out of 2 of these problems. Graphs can be created but you have to use COUNTIF to get the figures and use your immagination to find suitable headings for your graph sections. If you want to count two different sets of data and accumilate one number, use two COUNTIFs in the same cell.
For example, Say I want to find out how many people registered in the sheet are aged 12 to 14. The formula I would enter is : =COUNTIF('Insert Sheet Name'!E7:E37,">=12")-COUNTIF('Insert Sheet Name'!E7:E37,">14")
The first countif formula is requesting excel to count how many cells in the selected sheet and range are more than or equal to 12. The - sign I assume is acting like a minus sign and is requesting excel to find how many cells in the selected sheet and range are more than 14.
[OBSERVATION] It's pretty confusing because it's suppose to be less than 14 right? I switched the sign to <14 but got a higher number to that of the original and the higher number is wrong. I'm not sure the reason as to why it's giving me that number but I suspect it has something to do with the "dash". If I have time, I'll look further into it for answers or I'll get a second opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment