Sunday, 9 December 2007

Drop Down-List Creation

I find that the drop down list creation in Excel 2007 is very irritating. To create the options, I have to put them somewhere and then use them as a source. Deleting the cell with this Source Data is held clears out the options. The way around this is to put this source data somewhere out of the main page but then I have random words in the middle of nowhere in the dataspace.

CLEANUP - EDIT: I found a method with works just as well. Type the data you want in the drop down list somewhere which your not going to use (not too far away from your data or else when you print, your gonna have a load of blank papers and a very small data area) and then, change the font colour to match your background.
Presto, your drop down options are there when you click the arrow but no where to be seen on your workplace

No comments: